Friday, May 8, 2009

Arts! Arcata @ APS: Greg Smith, May's Visiting Artist!


Come on down tonight, Friday, May 8th from 6-9PM for Arts! Arcata. Join us for some mediocre wine and great photography by our visiting artist Greg Smith! Greg's images have a wonderful painterly feel and he truly loves the photographic process!

A little snippet from Greg: "...I have no idea whatsoever why my 7th grade teacher chose me to be the yearbook photographer, unless it was the Universe planting a seed. Later, in the US Army I was a battalion photographer. A very un-inspiring job. Nonetheless, it put a camera in my hand to stay. Fast-forward 35 years and the digital revolution in photography meant that color image processing and printing became affordable to any with a modest budget and the willingness to wrestle 900-pound-Gorilla software. My time had come..."

No comments: